Saturday 13 February 2010

Evaluation & Conclusion

Evaluation

“Trick’n” was based on a stereotype view of a Hip Hop music video because I wanted to show that I understand the conventions of a usual Hip Hop video. To get better details with the shots I rented a hard disc came recorder and a tripod which worked out perfectly, I also got to get access to some good settings.

However it was very hard to get actors, when I did get actors it was complicated because I had to commute to Farnham to film the video. Because I only had the equipment for a certain limit of days and I had to plan the video, I didn’t get a chance to travel to Farnham and look around for good scenes for my video. When I got to Farnham I realized that there isn’t that much scenes that would be appropriate for my music genre, so it was really frustrating to find anything at least close to my chosen genre. Also due to my actors not being available for a certain day I had to shoot most of my music video in one day which unfortunately didn’t work out as planned so I couldn’t finish the ending of the video which was the main shot that made up the whole story. So I had to change the whole story and instead I filmed other shots to suit the new story line, this was really hard for me because I couldn’t put together another story and I had to change my planning.

If I had another chance to do this music video again I would most likely be very specific with the planning. I would actually visit the place first to search for good and appropriate settings, and also use actors that I’ve seen act or that they have had experience. I would also make second options in case


Reason for changing my music video:


When I first done the music video “Trick’n”, it didn’t turn out how I wanted it to look however due to me finishing my music video early I had time so I thought I should shoot another video and edit it. I had to book a green screen studio and the equipment but it was available only for few hours, plus it was the day after I made my decision so I had a day to make my planning for the music video “Right Hand Hi”.

No comments:

Post a Comment